An entry must:
- be historically accurate and based on the use of primary and secondary sources as appropriate, with these sources being acknowledged correctly.
- reflect an historical understanding of the period being researched.
- relate to the theme.
- meet the criteria for the entry format and be clearly and logically set out.
- include a bibliography of the investigation and in Years 9 -12 this must be annotated.
- be original and not use the words or ideas of other people without acknowledgement.
Schools may enter up to a maximum of 6 entries in each of the following year level categories.
- Primary 1 (up to Year 4)
- Primary 2 (Years 5 and 6)
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Senior (Years 11 – 12)
Each entry may also be nominated for one relevant Special Category award.
Students may enter using the following formats:
– Individual Research Essay
Any entries that do not meet their relevant criteria will not be considered for judging.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE GENERAL CRITERIA AND PRESENTATION FORMAT CRITERIA IN PDF FORMAT: