To be considered for judging, an entry must:
- Be historically accurate
- Relate to the theme.
- Be based on research using primary and secondary sources with these sources being acknowledged correctly.
- Reflect an understanding of the period including attitudes and values of people at that time.
- Meet the criteria for the entry format and be clearly and logically set out.
- Include a bibliography. For Years 9 -12 this must be an annotated bibliography.
- Include 50 word descriptor which summarises your topic and its relationship to the theme.
- Be original and not use the words or ideas of other people without acknowledgement.
Schools may enter up to a maximum of 6 entries in each of the following year level categories.
- Primary 1 (up to Year 4)
- Primary 2 (Years 5 and 6)
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Senior (Years 11 – 12)
Each entry may also be nominated for one relevant Special Category award.
Students may enter using the following formats:
– Individual Research Essay
– 3D Model
Any entries that do not meet their relevant criteria will not be considered for judging.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE GENERAL CRITERIA AND PRESENTATION FORMAT CRITERIA IN PDF FORMAT: