To be considered for judging, an entry must:
- Be historically accurate
- Relate to the theme
- Be based on research using primary and secondary sources with these sources being acknowledged
- Reflect an understanding of the period
- Meet the criteria for the entry format and be clearly and logically set
- Include a bibliography, with at least three (3)
- Include 50 word descriptor which summarises your topic and its relationship to the theme
- Be original and not use the words or ideas of other people without acknowledgement
Schools may enter up to a maximum of 6 entries in each of the following entry level categories.
- Primary 1 (up to Year 4)
- Primary 2 (Years 5 and 6)
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Senior (Years 11 – 12)
Each of the six entries may also be nominated for one relevant Special Category award.
Students may enter using the following formats:
– Individual Research Essay
– 3D Model
Any entries that do not meet their relevant criteria will not be considered for judging.
All details are included in the Welcome Kit. To receive one please register here.